---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her Campus College Fashion Week 2015 // New York

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Hey guys!
This past weekend I attended Her Campus College Fashion Week in New York City. I actually got cast as a model for the runway show which was super exciting. I've never done anything like that before. A week before the event, I got an email giving information about the event, what time to be there, what to bring, etc. Just like the previous year, it was held at Santos Party House, which is a nightclub downtown. We were told to show up at 12 pm and the show wasn't supposed to start until after 8 pm. With those 8 hours, we had to get a fitting for the clothes, get our hair and makeup done and practice our runway walks/poses. Before going to the venue, I decided to do a little shopping in Soho. 


When we got there, Windsor, the founder, spent hours with us and helped us perfect our poses/walks. (It took me forever to walk at the right pace because I'm so used to rushing everywhere in NYC) In between the fitting and hair/makeup, we helped out with making the gift bags. It was a lot of fun running around and trying to get 500 gift bags made in an hour. After helping with that, we got called into our fittings by which scene we were in. My scene was last so I was fitted last. It was so cool seeing my image on the model sheet in front of the clothes they picked out for me. 


Glam Squad did our makeup and they used all Milani products. It looked amazing. They did a light shadow with smoked out black eye liner in a small wing shape. For blush, they made it very bold by applying a lot of product to my face. It's not typically a look I'd go for but I loved the way it came out. 



We had our brows filled in by European Wax Center. They made mine look really Cara Delevingne-esque by brushing them out and putting a lot of product on them. I'm so terrible at doing my brows, I wish they could style them for me everyday. 



As the venue started getting more and more crowded, I started to realize how cool the experience was. As it reached 8 pm, we all got dressed, lined up and started to walk down the runway. My group had the party theme. We all wore "going out" outfits with lots of shiny fabrics, sequins and leather jackets. The outfit I wore consisted of a black strappy back sports bra under a lace crop top, paired with gold culotte pants. It was definitely something out of my comfort zone but it was cool to wear for a night! Overall, it was an amazing experience. I met tons of awesome people and got some inspiration for future outfits. Thanks to Her Campus for having me and hopefully I'll be there next year!



Talk to you soon,
Becca

Post a Comment

Back To Top