---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Color Stories

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Hey guys!
 
The other day I took a trip down Broadway in Soho to go shopping and I noticed a lot of awesome store windows. Store windows are really important because they show what the store is truly about. They display the clothing while giving the customers a feel to what their brand stands for, in that season anyways. There are so many stores in Soho that have awesome window displays. The first one that I stopped at was Ted Baker. I've never shopped at Ted Baker but they had really cool windows! On the side of the windows they had a screen of moving images. The screens displayed images of bloggers and influencers wearing their clothing and going on adventures. I thought this was a great concept because their collection for the season focused on a more natural color story.



Another store that I stopped at was the men's liquor store by J.Crew. This store was a men's store but I loved the location of it. They created a clothing store inside an old tavern. They even kept all of the alcohol and bar as props. This store carried more rustic pieces and their windows made that obvious before even stepping in the store. They had flannels, washed out denim jackets and all different types of button ups. I liked how their displays matched their color scheme and gave the store a vintage look/feel. 


Last but not least, I stopped at Alexander Wang. For this season, they had a lot of all black pieces. Since all black can be sort of boring, Wang adds hardware to the clothing to add something extra to the simple color scheme. He also used textured fabrics rather than smooth ones. These articles of clothing are definitely statement pieces. 




Talk to you soon,
Becca
  1. Club Monaco had vintage- looking home windows too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They always have amazing windows! I have to check it out next time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the Liquor store! I feel like just by seeing their windows and merchandising you can tell how rustic and original this brand is. Definitely interested in taking a trip there! Thanks for the post.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best stores! I love how clear the pictures are as well. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Back To Top